Need assistance with your prescription? Don’t worry we can help! Please view the answers to these FAQ's:
What is O.S/O.D?
O.S = left eye
O.D= right eye
Are bi or multifocal lenses offered in colors?
What is the base curve, diameter, power, add power, axis, and cylinder? What does this all mean?
B.C (base curve): is the measurement of the back curve of the contact lens. Usually signified by a number ranging between 8.0-10.0.
- Diameter: refers to the width of the contact lens usually a number between 13.0-15.0.
- Power: is the strength or amount of correction needed, ranges from -20.0 to +20.0.
- Axis: a number from 0-180 ONLY FOR ASTIGMATISIM & TORIC LENSES.
- Cylinder (cyl): ranges from -0.75 to -10.0 ONLY FOR ASTIGMATISIM & TORIC LENSES.
- Add Power: an additional correction for bifocal lenses, ranges from +1.00-+3.00.
Was your question answered? If not, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 1-(914)-949-5252 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.